More Day One of C2E2!
They had these costumes from “The Hunger Games” film. I actually kind of geeked out a little, realizing that THE Jennifer Lawrence wore some of them. I think right now she’s one of my favorite Hollywood crushes.
I definitely saw a lot of toys and collectibles. More than I’ve usually seen at the con before. Brought back a lot of fond memories of when I would play with my action figures as a kid. They may be collectible now, but I wouldn’t give those up by keeping them in boxes!
I also was lucky enough to get the first nine issues of the first printing of Saga! Can’t wait to get them framed.
C2E2 2013!!!!! Day One!!
I was excited as ever for the Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo this year! I think it’s probably my favorite con to go, other than DragonCon.
I got the day off from work for the first day. It’s definitely much less crowded on a Friday. I wanted to get my purchases done as early as possible, to get in on any deals, not miss out on some rare finds, and to generally relax for the rest of the con.
My main objective was to find first prints of the few issues of Saga. That series is so awesome. I anticipate they’ll be more collectible in the future as it picks up in popularity. Also, I really just wanted to grab them to frame. The cover art is sweet.
Quite a weekend. I’ll have to write up a summary soon and upload all the photos. Eventually. I’m tired.
Another weekend passed and I spent more time on my mod map.
Got a bunch of tasks done:
- Built a perimeter wall around the village and my base.
- Built a room under the Tower of Power that’s for brewing and enchanting.
- Built a Stone and Obsidian golem from the Utility Mobs mod.
- Built a new structure for food and cooking.
- Grew an orchard of various tree crops.
- Cooked up some of the recipes from Pams’ HarvestCraft.
- Made an underground cellar to store crates of crops and food
- Mined a ton and explored a bit. Found a Mooshroom island after traversing a long ocean for a while.
I also just added the recently updated Thaumcraft
as well. We’ll see how it turns out!
I started this new map this past weekend to see how far I could get on survival. It also has a bunch of mods installed that I wanted to try out as well.
I found a seed online: 6752115361824598809. It loads you by a village right by a desert temple, a nice place to set up base!
Here’s what I got accomplished:
- Established a small base in the desert table
- Tamed a horse and built a horse stable for future breeding
- Mined a ton of a variety of ores and gems
- Established a small farm of cows, sheep, pigs, and a chicken
- Built a farm of a ton of crops from the HarvestCraft mod
- Tamed a panda!
- Managed to build a gate to the Nether
- Built a basic Tower of Power
You can get a list of the mods I added from my Minecraft page.
Here’s a throwback.
Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
I played this a ton with my friends in college like what… 2003? Damn that was a long time ago.
I remember how fun it was because of the gore as well as the gameplay. I hardly play many FPS games these days, but this one will always have a place in my memories.
Today we went about finding a stronghold the traditional way.
We hunted down enderman for their pearls.
Then we slaughtered some Blazes for some blaze rods.
Made some Eye of Ender with the pearls and blaze powder.
Then we went exploring by shooting the Eyes and following them.
We went out a distance and used up about 4/5 of the Eyes until we finally came up on the End Gate in the stronghold!
A really productive session, I should say. :D
It would be so easy to let this become purely a Minecraft blog.
I forgot to mention that I’m playing on this map with my buddy, ASecretCity. I generated the map with this neato sead I found online as well:
I really like how the place is coming together! I also hope some more friends of ours will get Minecraft to join us.
I managed to finally get a Minecraft SMP server up, with Forge and mods installed! It took me a lot of trial and error to figure things out. And a lot of mods still need to be updated for the current Minecraft 1.5.1 build.
I also found this neato texture pack: Pixel Perfection.
Current mods on the server:
- Bibliocraft: adds craftable storage furniture
- Damage Indicator: adds a GUI to show mobs names and HP
I also have Chickenbones’ Not Enough Items (NEI) mod installed on my local machine. It adds a great interface to get all the recipes and what items can be made.
There are a bunch more mods I would love to add as soon as they’re updated and compatible with 1.5.1. I’ll definitely post about them as soon as they are!